Technology sometimes does the opposite of rock. Not sure what exactly that would be .....Technology Hard Places? Technology Rolls? .....but my utmost apologies to anyone who landed here because you bought my "Taking Names" pattern as a download and could not for the life of you get the template to be the right size. Thank you for coming to the place I directed you rather than throwing it down in disgust. As getting the right size on my own printer can be a challenge, to ask me to do the same for all of you would be an exercise in complete futility.
To quickly and easily whip up the right sized template, you will need:
- one sheet of paper (8 1/2" x 11")
- a pen or pencil
- a ruler with a 60 degree line
1. Place the paper on a flat surface in the landscape formation.
2. Draw a line exactly 9 1/4" long no more than 1/4" up from the bottom edge of the paper.
|It really is okay if it isn't exactly parallel to the bottom of the paper.|
4. Draw a line all the way along the ruler's right side, extending the line all the way up to the top of the paper.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 along the left side of the bottom line.
7. Cut out along lines. Done.
This tutorial can be used to make any sized 60 degree equilateral triangles. As long as you know how long your sides are supposed to be, you are golden.