Sunday, February 12, 2012

DaGMT Day 12 - Typical Sunday

Lots of cutting, a little piecing, not nearly as much as I wanted to accomplish, but whatever. I may not be as prolific as some of you who will remain nameless today, but I am accomplishing a heck of a lot more than those of you who aren't participating, aren't I? Oh yes I am.

At the very least all the blocks for my baby quilt are now done, and the scraps for the border are cut, and I WILL have a photo of a top tomorrow if it kills me. But we all know that would be a horrid tragedy and a very abrupt end to DaGMT, so let's hope for a non-violent finish to the project tomorrow.



I would like to give a shout out to the American Girl company and their fabulous book "Doll Play", without which I would have accomplished absolutely zero today and with which I was piecing to the sounds of my children creating "Camp Nature Lovewell", where their dolls could partake in such activities as yoga shows, smore making, fashion shows, and making macaroni postcards to send home to their parents. What I remember of Camp Beechwood was a lot of Off bug spray after 4pm and hideous plastic swim caps in rainbow colors to designate your swim level and being way irritated when I was demoted from Yellow (Intermediate) to Red (Advanced Beginner) the summer between my 3rd and 4th grade school years, not that I am still bitter. Where was the yoga show where I could have shown off my flexibility and planking, all at a decidedly intermediate level? But seriously, how cute is this postcard?



Here's to surviving the weekend intact.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...