What I'm most proud of for my own personal DAGMT experience is that despite 6 feet of snow falling in the first two weeks of February, my children having exactly 5.5 days of school from February 1 to February 23, and my new job as Chief Snow Removal Technician and Ice Dam Watchperson (Hours: round the clock. Salary: 0 dollars ever. Benefits: Joy of running a snowblower in driving snow.), I was still able to fulfill this portion of my pledge:
"I pledge to quilt for at least 90 minutes while the children are at school, and if they are home for vacation, snowday, or weekend because really, let's be honest, they are never in school, to quilt for 95 minutes just to prove I can."
And I did. So there, February. Suck it.
A selection of the projects I worked on, just because everyone loves a show off:
|Zippy pouch from scraps on the floor. It was a whole blog post of its own.|
|Got these babies made up into "Harlequin Shake"|
|The project I started at age 12 got some new color|
|Kickin' Stash sample from a jelly roll for my "Give it a Scrap Slap" lecture. It may be no surprise I don't love this quilt, but that's the whole point of my lecture.|
|Snow only about 30" deep here. I only had to sink in up to my nether regions rather than to my neck. Yay February!|
But what do you think? I'd really love to know your overall opinion.
Whatever is decided, a photo of the baby size, in flat form, will be on the back cover.
|Oh, and I'm calling the pattern "Crystallize," mainly because "Suck it, February" might be considered offensive or inflammatory if you aren't a New Englander this year.|
On to everyone's favorite part of the DAGMT wrap up - the Prize Patrol!
Thank you again to all of my amazing sponsors. You've all made my life so happy with your prize donations and you are about to make our winners even more happy.
- $25 Gift Certificates from Fat Quarter Shop: Beth Dorfman and Lisa Carnahan!
- $35 Gift Certificate from Follow That Thread: Joyce Goldthwaite!
- $20 Gift Certificates from Purple Moose Designs: Helen Short and Meg Murray!
- $25 Gift Certificate from Gotcha Covered Quilting: Suzanne Knight!
- Island Batik fabric pack from The Patchwork Pearl: Gail Barker!
- $20 Gift Certificates from Sue Pelland Designs: Kate Conroy and Gay Deats!
- Bag kit from Poorhouse Quilt Designs: Peg Holloran!
It's in the bag for this year. May next year be even more exciting. You know it will be.