One would be oh so wrong. Charlie Sheen could use me as an example of the antithesis of winning.
A smattering of things which have gotten in my way of impressing the heck out of you this week:
- Bronchitis mixed with a sinus infection, resulting in a face three times its normal size (or so it feels) causing me every now and then, and normally just when I am on a piecing roll, to suddenly have to lie down for a moment. Or ten.
- Discovery of a dead mouse in a trap we hadn't checked for months behind a filing cabinet that is LITERALLY inches from where my feet are when I am pattern writing or otherwise on the computer.
- Girl Scout Cookie Mom hell. I won't go into it further than that, but every aspect of it is driving me batty this year.
- A run-in with Overzealous Cop of the Year, while I was on my way to finally buy some spray baste so I could do some machine quilting. He was so not a quilter, but he did let me go with a warning to stop fully at all stop signs, because spray baste will wait for all men.
- Tracking down a rogue package for the Taking Names project.
1. Get this tree skirt/topper pattern done before I throw it out the window. It currently needs one more binding, photos inserted, a final run through with my red pen, and a name. Seriously, like two hours of work and it's done. Someone metaphorically kick me!
So yeah, you all seem to enjoy the fun of kicking me, but I needed it so I thank you. All of these items have been accomplished with the exception of "photos inserted", but that is only because I am waiting on my aforementioned photo fixing woman to finish her portion of the fun. Some of the various photos she is fixing for me for "Ripple Effect"- woo hoo a name!-, a four size/permutation topper/runner/tree skirt pattern that will be out on Craftsy as soon as I get the photos in it. Print versions available by Spring Market.
|This one was made by Barbara Townsend and as you can see, it has been made into a tree skirt.|
|I made this one, and it's the same size as Barbara's but is not cut out in the middle. I love giving more options when I can and this pattern has lots of them!|
2. Blocks for all eight members of Taking Names group
On this one, I actually have made some progress, and with four of eight of my envelopes done, even my math challenged child Paige could tell you that that is over a 33% completion rate and that the train will arrive in Stockholm at 5:45pm.
|Kelli's blocks done. She wanted totally scrappy, so she got it. Next up is Lou Ann, who also wants totally scrappy. Thank God I have a scrap or two.|
Perhaps my biggest excitement relates to item #4:
4. Border, quilting, binding on two small wall hangings
because for the love of all that is holy, today - TODAY! Three months later! - I finally used my quilting machine for the first time! Allow me to break down my 90 minutes of sewing on it for you:
- Locating bobbins, which I had forgotten I had put in the attached drawer: 13 minutes
- Winding bobbin, including set up of external bobbin winder thingy, google of "industrial bobbin winder help for dummies", and actual success at winding and inserting of bobbin into machine: 25 minutes
- Searching for thread I just had in my hand and now cannot find: 8 minutes
- Giving up and auditioning different thread: 2 minutes
- Threading machine: 6 minutes. A record breaker for sure!
- Quilting: 30 minutes
- Rethreading machine due to thread breakage: 6 minutes
Another view, just so you can see how vastly improved the situation truly is
DaGMT sometimes is all about baby steps on the road to a finish. This week has certainly been that for me, but I'm hoping for better once my face goes back to normal.