Friday, February 24, 2012

DaGMT Day 24 - "Blast from the Past"

There is nothing like a sewing machine that runs properly. While I didn't get as much sewing done as I might have liked today due to, well, the same excuse I could use all week of too many children in the house, I did get the borders on my Lazy Daisy project, and you'll have to take my word for it that it looks really cute because I am too lazy to go take a photo right now.

But what I did take a photo of were some cute little dolls Paige and Eva and I made out of toothpicks and embroidery floss. A friend taught me to make these when I was about 11 and I figured I could make some with them today and it would count toward the DaGMT because it can be classified as "Fiber Arts". Fiber, anyway. Arts might be pushing it.

Let's face it, mine was the best. But I had experience and 33 years as advantages.


Theirs were pretty cute, too, though. They loved doing the hair part the most and even included multicolored strips to be like those feathers which are all the rage and which I will not allow them to get.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...