Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Whites Winner!

Thank you so much to all who visited my little slice of blogdom during Sew Cal Gal's Christmas Quilt Show this past week. It was so much fun to share my quilt with all of you, and your comments truly made my day every single time a new one posted. I also am astonished by how you all helped that one post ratchet all the way up to the number one read post of all time on this blog in just five days! I do love how QHH has made me feel more connected with quilters everywhere.

I have chosen my winner for the pattern for "Winter Whites", and must admit to you all that unlike every other time I chose a winner, this one was not random. Several things about her just struck me, and I hope you will understand if because of that I feel compelled to give her the award. Her name is Kelli, she is from California, and she is a nurse (I'm not, but I certainly enjoy them) and a quilter who has a blog called "Seriously....I think it needs stitches" (http://thatlookslikeitneedsstitches.blogspot.com/), which I think is the most fantastic blog name ever for a nurse quilter, so props to Kelli. Kelli also won me over with her blog tagline "Mostly crafty....sometimes personal....never perfect". HELLO! Kelli is me living in California. Add in her five year old, and the resemblance is uncanny. So Kelli, congratulations! I am thrilled to give you a copy of my pattern, along with some beads and Jewel-it so that you might be inspired to give it a go sooner rather than later.



So many of you commented on my bead work that I must thank you again for your wonderful comments. My head is larger than life. Those beads are easier than you could ever imagine, I promise. I often tell people who admire all my beads on my quilts "I did this in one 10 minute segment of Glee." Castle seems to work as well, and I have heard tell that Grey's Anatomy is equally productive.



Again, Congratulations, Kelli!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...