Friday, August 29, 2014

139 Pieces Per Block - NAILED IT!

I woke up this morning to this sweet message in my inbox, from my pal and groupie Jeneta in Australia:


"I LOVE your Scrap Squad quilt #4. LOVE it I tell you! There is no way that I would ever make a quilt with 139 pieces in each block, but I am glad that you did!!" What a way to start the day!

I'm SO excited to finally be able to reveal to you the quilt of the summer, the quilt I've used to tease you mercifully with little snippet photos of close ups, the quilt that at once saved my summer sanity as it allowed me time in the sewing room and almost drove me to the crazy house with matching points.....Scrap Squad #4, "Koi Pond Kaleidoscope."

You can see the whole post of bloggy wonderment describing my thought processes, which we all know can be scary, over at Quilty Pleasures, Quiltmaker's blog, but here's the reveal you've earned for putting up with me.




Koi Pond Kaleidoscope contains more fabrics than any quilt I’ve ever made and has a mix of solids, batiks, and prints all working together. You know those purists who tell you that batiks and other fabrics can’t be put in the same quilt? Show them this and watch ‘em weep.

Here's what I had to scrap up.
magicstars450opt How to Make a Scrap Quilt: Scrappy, Scrappier, Scrappiest

I think I nailed it. At the risk of fishing (hee hee) for compliments, do you agree?

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! All the color! I actually like it better than the original and the name is fantastic. :) xo

Janet said...

This is totally fantastic!!! I read through the post on the Quiltmaker blog and was exhausted and befuddled just reading it. I want to make a quilt this beautiful and one day I will. :)

Andee said...

Honestly I liked the design of the original quilt but thought the colors and fabrics needed more PUNCH! You nailed it, I am adding this quilt done scrappy to my bucket list for one day. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...