Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cloudy with a chance of Jewel-it

We're in the last few hours of 2011, I've officially rid the house of 8 year olds and replaced them with two 9 year olds, the new electronics are miraculously working, and I'm ready for a festive NYE celebration of fondue and falling asleep by 10:30pm. Just call me the party animal that I truly am.

I had a little fun this morning, and by that I mean "I found it fun, but you will likely find it almost as pitiful a way to spend time as passed out on the couch at 10:30pm" creating a cloud of my labels for my posts over the last 16 months of blog ownership. You can find it over to the right under my lecture info but ahead of the popular posts. You might even find your own name if you are lucky.

Creating the cloud taught me a few lessons:

1. I need to be better about labeling. I mean really, only THREE labels for Jewel-it?

2. I am Terri Sontra's biggest fan, apparently.

3. I crack myself up with labels like "hot mailcarriers" and "corneal damage".

So as much as I hate New Year's Resolutions, I am going to try to be good about labeling my posts in 2012.

I'm also going to attempt to keep my studio organized - it's not QUITE as fab as I first showed you 8 weeks ago, but it's still pretty good and I'm proud; keep ongoing projects to a manageable number so as not to become overwhelmed and give up on them before finishing (yep, that was a problem this year); take an EQ class at Quilt University so as not to have to ask inane questions; and use the color red in a quilt because apparently I hate red. So far this seems fairly manageable. But give me a month.

Anyone have any more exciting resolutions or advice?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...